The training courses on human rights and rights of indigenous peoples have started in Krasnoyarsk Center
Òåìà: LIENIP News
Training courses in Krasnoyarsk Center
The News from Krasnoyarsk Center:
From 9 to 30 October the Center of Informational Support of Indigenous Peoples is carrying out the training course “Education in the field of human rights and rights of indigenous peoples”. To participate in the course 8 interns were chosen on a competitive basis, 7 of them represent Taymyr (Dolgano-Nenets) Autonomous Okrug and 1 intern represent Tofalar indigenous people from Irkutskaya Oblast.
The participants are:
1. Lyudmila Sotnikova, Female, Dolgan. Member of the Community of Indigenous Peoples of Taymyr “Bultchut”, member of the regional department of the political party “Yedinaya Rossiya”, member of the Youth Association of Indigenous Peoples of Taymyr. Talnakh town.
2. Maxim Solovyev, Male, Nenets. Empowered to act for the Association of Indigenous Peoples of Taymyr; deputy chairman of the regional department of the political party “Yedinaya Rossiya”. Dudinka town.
3. Valeria Savran, Female, Nganasan. Member of the Association of Indigenous Peoples of Taymyr. Dudinka.
4. Evgenia Sidelnikova, Female, Nganasan. Dudinka.
5. Darya Nabiulina, Female, Dolgan. Tribal community “Daasi”, chairperson, member of the public organization “Union of Dolgans”. Khatanga town.
6. Arsenty Sotnikov, Male, Dolgan. Khatanga town.
7. Alexander Kokuyev, Male, Tof. Tofalaria, Irkutskaya Oblast.
8. Nadezhda Batmayeva, Female, Nganasan. Member of the Association of Indigenous Peoples of Krasnoyarsky Kray.
In the period of 9-17 October 2006 the interns got knowledge in the field of international and federal legislation related to human rights and rights of indigenous peoples; judicial and non-judicial mechanisms of protection of human rights, indigenous peoples; they visited Krasnoyarsk city forum-2006; received knowledge on legal and organizational basis of work of NGOs; participated in the training on team-forming, training on ethnical tolerance; got knowledge on the basics of project management, social projects; visited the foundation “Center of Social Programs of the RUSAL company”; participated in “the round table” “Education in the field of rights of indigenous peoples” organized by the Center of Informational Support of Indigenous Peoples of Krasnoyarsky Kray and the Permanent Commission on affairs of the North and indigenous peoples of the Legislative Meeting of Krasnoyarsky Kray (more details on this event you can find on the web-site of the Legislative Meeting of Krasnoyarsky Kray at http://www.legis.krsn.ru/newsinfo.asp?ID=15349); started to get skills on using the computer.